Photobucket

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I did it!

I made pot roast! I know this doesn't sound amazing, but trust me it is. I don't cook, never have. I make ramen noodles and mac & cheese and thats about it. September 7 was my little bros b-day and my family was all coming over for dinner. I'm pretty sure they're not ever excited about coming to my place for dinner since I usually don't have a meal planned. It ends up being pizza, or one time I made pancakes...woo hoo! So imagine their shock when they arrived to find pot roast, gravy and real mashed potatos. I like to think they were proud of me. I'm pretty sure they liked it too since they all went back for seconds. This great acomplishment could of never been done without a lot of help, of course. So thank you soooo much Mariel for the detailed instructions and the many phone conversations walking me through it.

10 comments:

The Brann's said...

Sounds fabulous. Now that your pro at making dinner, when are we all invited over??

just dandee said...

That is just GREAT! We are all so proud of you. Now we will all be expecting an invitation for dinner. We still have never been to your house.

Mariel said...

Yea! I've been meaning to call you to find out how everything turned out. I hope it went well. I felt bad when I missed your phone call right when you were probably trying to figure out the gravy. Sorry. Call me.

Trent Packer said...

Very impressive! My recipe collection consists of spaghetti(Ragu), Scones(Rhodes Rolls) and Dutch Babies(my very own ingredients). When you do invite us over I hope we get to have a good old fashion chocolate cake fight!

Kwint and Gina Kemp Family said...

Wow. Fancy. I'd feel the same way... as a fellow vegetarian (mostly), I don't really know how to cook meat very well. I make it for Kwint but he is in charge of the seasoning. Nice picture, too, did it look like that?

Hollyween said...

Very impressive. I do pot roast too on rare occasions and I've got it down to a science.

Is that an actual picture of your pot roast? If so, I'm even doubly impressed.

quacks said...

Can we come when Trent does?

quacks said...

Really, How are you little chef?
Feeling well, your bun growing like a weed? Hope we see you Sat.

Anonymous said...

This is Dan. Dan Jacobs. That roast looks pretty good. I wish I got roast once in a while, not that I am inviting myself to dinner. We used to have roast, back before the market crashed and Tyler threw all of our electronics in the tub. Don't know what has changed really. I still feel the same, just no roast... well, gotta jet.

Tom Jake said...

I told you ... YOU could do it !!!
Really if I can ...anyone can!
NEXT: Feijoada !!!
I'm always so proud of you -
No matter what you do !