Photobucket

Friday, July 11, 2008

The reason for so many pictures...




One of the main reasons I started this whole blog thing is so that my mom (who lives in Colorado) could frequently see pictures of my family. I guess she never looks because she's always asking to see pictures. Soooo, now that I know she doesn't visit my blog I decided I can talk about her. Ha Ha. That'll teach her.


Now that I am a mother I just wonder how my mom did it with five kids. I only have one and I feel like I can't do anything. My house is often a mess, dinner is usually lame, and my laundry seams to never get done. But for some reason, by the end of the day, I am so tired I end up passing out in my bed. So how the heck did my mom do everything with five kids?


When I was young a typical day would be to wake up to a clean house, my mom would feed us breakfast then we would get ready to go to the swimming pool. At the pool she had lunch ready for all of us including yummy and healthy treats then she would shower us there. At night we would all sit down to a huge, homemade dinner. Laundry was always done, dishes never piled up in the sink and it seamed as though she always had some kind of fun activity planned for us. I have no idea when she had time to prepare the huge meals she made or when she had time to clean and when did she get together all her creative games? On top of all that she was always involved with some kind of church calling which demanded a lot of time and work. I wonder if she ever slept. Our entire day seamed to run smoothly, she was prepared for everything.


So what the heck am I missing here? Did she have some kind of super hero powers? Is she human? How come I feel like I'm running around all day so unprepared and so unorganized?


Anyways, my mom was and is just amazing. I appreciate her more now than ever. I want so much to give my children a wonderful childhood like I had. I just hope someday I can figure out the "trick" or somehow inherit super hero powers like my mom has.

12 comments:

Mariel said...

Awww...that's sweet. I'm super jealous of your mom for being able to pull all of that off! I think I must have mental problems because I'm super overwhelmed all the time...laundry, dishes, meals, bills, screaming kids, poopie bums, carpools, messy house, ugh..... hearing about super-human moms is depressing. Do you think...maybe, just maybe...she was slightly overwhelmed too and ya just didn't know it?? I hope so! You're mom does have a great laid-back personality...and she's looking pretty hot in those pictures! I like her hair! And, YOU will be a great mom too...you had a great example!

Mariel said...

AND...why are there those purple bars across your blog?? Is it just my computer or do I need to fix something for you?

Mariel said...

AND...(I'm trying to get your comment numbers up)...come to my house! I'm sick of you ignoring me! Get over here now! I'm serious!

Mariel said...

AND...um, I forgot.

Bruces said...

Ya I'm sure she was overwhelmed but she must of done a good job at hiding it. And she never gave up.
I don't see any purple bars. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the first comment...
And, I never ignore you...I just think you have a lot more going on than me.
And...I will come over anytime. Thanks for getting my comment numbers up. I feel super cool now. Maybe someday I'll have more blog friends.

The Brann's said...

I don't see any purple lines....Mariel must be seeing things!! If you figure out your mom's trick I'd definitely love to hear it. I constantly feel like there's never enough time to get it all done!!

The Brann's said...

I don't see any purple lines....Mariel must be seeing things!! If you figure out your mom's trick I'd definitely love to hear it. I constantly feel like there's never enough time to get it all done!!

kelli said...

My mom had 7 of us, I don't know how she did it either. Hey I noticed your baby thing on the right hand side of you blog, are you pregnant? If so Congrats!!!!
-Kelli

Hollyween said...

I don't know how moms do it. I have two kids and I feel like everything is a mess all of the time.

Your mom is awesome. I've always liked her. And Mariel is crazy because I see no purple lines. Maybe that killer weed got to her brain or something.

Hollyween said...

Paula, I just wanted to tell you how much fun it was to see you and Janelle at the pool the other day. So much fun!! Jaxon is a total doll. And you look fantastic!!! It would be so much fun to hook up for lunch sometime with Mariel or something. e-mail me and let me know when you can:
hollye@comcast.net

just dandee said...

I don't know how they did it either. My guess is that we all have superpowers in us somewhere and we will all discover what those superpowers are someday. I am still anxiously waiting for mine to arrive. I often feel like spiderman when he was trying to figure out his powers. Think.. "Go web, away web..." I think this is why we still have our moms and/or really great friends to help us out and keep us sane. So until then, "Up, up, and away!"

Daniellaaaaah! said...

Mom does have super powers. Crazy super powers. She scares me...
Haha just kidding. I've been dying since she's been in Italy. She keeps telling me that she'll call me, but nothing! She hasn't even heard about my Swedish love! Ugh. Anyways. We all do have super powers. You have plenty, better than mine thats for sure. Like my super power...sleep. I can sleep through any condition. Hot, cold, not tired, loud things going on, if I'm hungry. Pretty sweet super power, I know. But yours are better. Trust me. You're doing a great job with Jaxson.
Oh, and the whole dinner thing, you just don't know how to cook. We'll get together and start learning recipes and stuff. It will be easy, and fun! Yay! Sister time.
Ok. Now I'm going to post a blog about my three day boyfriend. Go read it. Because you'll be the only one :(